My Blog List

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blog 10: Judgement *DUM dum DUM*

            There have been a lot of interesting things that I learned throughout my time taking this course. I also enjoyed looking back on some stuff that I did learn, but somewhat forgot about. I felt rather smart while working on the essay that we had to write on The Matrix because I actually came up with a lot of those concepts on my own. After doing research and seeing I wasn’t the only one that thought or noticed certain things, I was pretty proud because this meant that I wasn’t crazy.
            I enjoy writing in blogs because I feel like it is a little bit more personalized in terms of writing and designing the layout. I think it felt a little bit more like “home” than just a website we write our papers in. We might have been given subjects to write about, but I felt like they were very interesting. I wasn’t too fond of the prison house of language blog, but I felt better knowing that it was to show us that you can’t find everything on Google…. although I think that with all the blogs written about it, it might be easier to find now…. it was still a bitch though.
            I would actually like to continue learning more about mythology. It’s something that always intrigued me. I like to read between the lines and discover hidden messages/morals of stories or movies.  As for writing concepts, I would like to continue learning about using primary sources and incorporating text from a source into my essay without making it plagiarism.
            Judging myself as a writer is something that I’ve always had trouble with and always tried to avoid. It is basically like looking at a mirror: I’d rather ask people for their opinions than use them because in the end I have to use my own judgment. I guess my weakest point is coming up with an introduction and a conclusion paragraph.  My strongest blogs may have been blog 1 and essay 1. Those were the topics I guess I felt a little more comfortable in. Plus, I gave a lot of detail without going too overboard. It’s the size of the font that makes it look longer, but it also looks inviting to read.  Weakest blog may have been my response to allegory of the cave because I kind of explained my response in the summary. I just need to improve my organizational skills when it comes to summaries and responses. That’s about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment