My Blog List

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blog #3: List of What I Used to Believe In

This is a rather difficult task for me because i still believe in a lot of things from my childhood.

1. I used to think that there were two Michael Jacksons: a black one and a white one. I was watching a documentary about the life of Michael Jackson and it showed his transition. I was really confused and asked my brother about it. He clarified it all for me.

2. I used to think that all of my sister's porcelain dolls and barbie dolls would try to kill me in my sleep. Thank Chuckie for that. I stopped believing this when my sister and I got rid of all her dolls.

3. I though I was 100% peruvian and I found out that I was also part Italian from my father's side. I found out when when I was around 12 years old. My mom was telling my sister and I how she met my father and how she met his relatives. They told her all about the family in Peru and how they were originally from Italy.

4. I didn't know people had fathers until i was 5. My mother and my brothers raised me. It was when I started to go to school that I saw kids being carried by older looking men. I thought that they were siblings as well, but it didn't make sense to me. Why were they all older than my brother? Then I started watching Full House and I noticed that the children only had a Dad, not a mother.

5. I thought I had 5 siblings and it turns out I had a half sister in Peru. I found out when I was 14. My mom thought she had told us but apparently not. At the time, we were planning on visiting Peru and my mom said that we should meet my sister, grandparents, and uncles.

6. I thought that were only 3 episodes of Barney, but it turned out that my brother recorded those episodes so we can watch it on the VCR in our room, which didn't have an antenna. He didn't want my sister and I to watch t.v in the living room so he could watch Baywatch. I actually don't remember how I found out.

7. I thought I could get hypnotized by listening to the Freddie Kreuger's song: "one, two Freddies coming for you." My sister kept telling me that all the kids in the movie singing that song were possessed  by him. I realized that this wasn't true after I consistently tried to get hypnotized.

8. I thought that the song "It's The End of The World" by R.E.M was actually a prophecy or something and that the world was going to end really soon. I did research on the song when I discovered the internet and saw that the song was from the 80's. I've been a fan ever since.

9. I thought that all the music I listened to as a kid was current music. Little did i know i was stuck in the 60's, 70's, 80's, and Nirvana. Every one was else was listening to things i never heard before. I started listening to the radio when I was 9.

1 comment:

  1. The Michael Jackson thing is hilarious. But the music one is interesting also--I remember listening to some 60s and even 50s music as a teen and back then I had no concept that music has an expiration date. I think being "modern" may be the real illusion, and what you used to think was the reality

    ReplyDelete